We may collect the following types of information from you:
• Residential or Business Address
• Email address
• Post Code
• Age and Date of Birth
• Telephone Number
• Username and Password
• Your Internet Protocol (IP) address
• Server address
• Domain name
• Browsing activity
• Personal preferences regarding products and services
We may use temporary (session) cookies or permanent cookies when you access our website. This allows us to recognize your browser and track the web pages you have visited.You can switch off cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser.
If you send us personal information that we have not requested, or we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary or directly related to any of our functions or activities, we may de-identify or delete this information without notifying you to protect your privacy.
How we collect your personal information
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so. Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
• When you access and use our website
• During conversations with our team members
• When you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person, or electronically)
• When you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means)
• When you interact with us during promotions, competitions or special events
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.If you provide information to us electronically, we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties.If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If we are unable to collect your personal information
If we are unable to collect your personal information, some or all of the following may occur:
• We may be unable to provide products or services to you, to the requested standard or at all
• We may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about products and services that you have purchased from us, or may intend to purchase in the future
• We may be unable to tailor the content of our marketing communications to suit your preferences
• Your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect
Purpose of collection of your personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (“Purpose”):
• To provide you with products and services that you have requested from us
• To communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you
• To answer your questions and provide you with information or advice
• To create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts
• Carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way Alliance Furniture Trading provides products and services to you
• To consider and respond to complaints made by you
• To comply with laws or regulations, or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
• Our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill our obligations to you
• Suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services offered by us via email, SMS or regular mail.If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so.You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us (see contact information below). You may also update your personal information by editing your online profile.We do not provide your personal information to any other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
How to access your information
You may access your personal information held by Alliance Furniture Trading by making a request to us.
Phone: 02 9554 7144
02 9554 7133
Mail: PO Box 721
You may also access your own information where it is held via an online portal by accessing your own account over the internet. Normally we will provide a record of your personal information to you via your preferred contact method (phone, email or mail), and we will not charge a fee. If your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy of others we may reasonably refuse to provide access to your personal information.
Correction of your personal information
If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments. We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information above setting out the circumstances and reasons for your complaint. Our team members will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 24 hours, and will normally respond to your request within 5 business days. If your complaint is complicated or requires further investigation our response may take additional time to finalise.We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.
Mail: PO Box 721